Tuesday 22 December 2015

Merry Christmas And Looking At 2016

We only work in black, grey and white, no matter the holiday
Although my work won't let me believe it until Thursday, Christmas is here folks! I am going to take the liberty of speaking for all six of us, when I say I hope your holidays are filled with toys and festivities (but mostly toys)! We are now taking a small holiday break, and will be back in the new year.

We have had a great year, attending more tournaments than I have fingers, helping Hawk at Salute and of course attending the UK Games Expo for the first time. On top of all this we've grown stronger as a blog and published in excess of 80 posts and 16 podcasts (not including the interviews and videos)! We wouldn't have bothered if you lovely people hadn't continued to come back, so thank you for this and all your lovely, lovely comments.

What does 2016 hold though? Well, towards the start of the year we will be focussing on helping the rookie. Christmas is bound to bring toys that people will need help with, but more than that we feel it is important that the hobby grow and we are in a great position to place an arm around the shoulders of these men and women, be them getting into the wargaming hobby for the first time, or a wargames reugee (like myself once upon a time). Dropzone can, admittedly, be an awkward game to get the hang off, so between Mike and myself we will be bringing a couple of series focussing on the new player; don't worry you old salty dogs of the zone, there will be some stuff in there for you too I'm sure!

I would also like to publish a few painting videos, and I know Tech Boy now has the taste for scrap booking, so you can be sure to see more of these! If there is anything you would like to see on the page please let us know, by commenting on this post, tweeting us @OBDZC or popping me an email at obteamdzc@gmail.com.

Until next year, stay cool Zoneheads.


8 comments:

  1. VBRs (I seem to be the only one making consistently :( )
    Happy holidays to you to Sirs.
    FM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will see what we can do! I do have a dirty secret regarding BR's though (I hate writing them). Hopefully recording will be more enjoyable!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! I would love to see an update on the upgraded starter sets with the new units!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, I'll be working from starter set up, to feature the new units!

      Delete
    2. Sounds good! I just got all 4 of the base faction starter sets in plastic and am looking to expand and am not sure where to go.

      Delete
  3. Merry Xmas to you all and as a new player I look forward to your 2016 articles! See you at Invasion in Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas, Lads!

    Thanks for all that you do for the community. This has certainly been a great year for our hobby, and the quality and quantity of your posts in 2015 has reflected that.

    Also, I sent you an email about my blog, per your request on the forum, but I see that you have it up here already, so Thanks for that!

    Have a Merry Christmas, a safe and Happy New Year, and see you on the other side!

    8^D

    ReplyDelete
  5. bring it on TOB... well be looking forward to it ;-)

    ReplyDelete