Friday 17 February 2017

Winter Invasion 2017 Interview with Hawk Sean



At Invasion this year I had a chance to have a quick chat with Hawk Sean about the direction of the company for the next year or so.

It's quite a brief interview and unfortunately Sean couldn't go into too much detail about what was coming up (off screen there may or may not have been a PR person breathing down his neck...), but I think if you read between the lines you may be able to glean some exciting stuff which is coming to Dropzone very soon!



Also this week Hawk have started their brand new video series on You Tube, Building The Avenger, which are definitely worth checking out!

7 comments:

  1. I am disappointed that you didn't title this
    LOOK MIKE! LOOK. I'VE MADE A POST YOU STATISTICAL OVERFIEND. STICK THAT UP YOUR MEAN AVERAGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm choosing to interpret Seans words as "second edition will be coming", here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx 4 the vid. Kind of bummed Seam lied/ 1/2 truth that the KS was behind them. 100 Admirals still waiting to part II shipment :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waiting on the stuff missing from the first wave. Unimportant stuff, you know, like my rulebook.

      Delete
    2. I will say that I did edit out a question I asked in the answer to which he said that they were down to the last few percent of kick starter, so he did not lie or tell a half truth I just edited out non-newsworthy footage.

      The reality is that the majority of the kick starter is now fulfilled and I would rather see the design staff pulled back to the office and get on with making and improving the content we know and love.

      The kickstarter has really hit them very hard as a team and the constant battering they receive online does their morale no good. I know this from the conversations I've had with them and the shoulder slump that happens as soon as Kickstarter is mentioned.

      You will get your pledge, they will fulfill all they've said they will and they will continue to make a really great set of games.

      Delete
    3. The lack of information that Hawk Wargames has supplied about the kickstarter has been something that they can control. Radio silence between late December to mid February was not great.

      Unfortunately living in Australia, I don't have the same opportunity to talk to Hawk or even play in an event unless I get on a plane. The only opportunity that I have is to read the internet and trying and work out what is real or not.

      Delete